01 August 2020Agenda for Parish AGM, Tuesday 11 August 2020
The Parish Annual General Meeting is to be held at The Institute on Tuesday 11th August 2020 at 6.30pm.
Due to the impact of Covid19, we have made some adjustments to how this meeting will be managed. Advice has been taken from the YLCA (Yorkshire Local Councils Association).
- The meeting will take place outside of The Institute, weather permitting. Otherwise indoors.
- Social distancing measures will be in place and adhered to.
- We may have to limit numbers inside.
- Doors and windows will remain open.
- No one will be allowed into the kitchen.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided, and face masks must be worn.
- Meeting will be limited to addressing the Annual return. AOB will be noted, however discussed at a later date (unless urgent).
Sadly, due to poor Wi-Fi and internet reception, we will be unable to consider a remote meeting via a zoom link. We hope you understand.
1. The Annual Return
(clerk to Thornton Steward parish meeting)
21 July 2020Thornton Steward Church Services to be resumed following suspension due to Covid-19
The rectors, Reverend Liz Moody and Reverend Jeffery Payne, are delighted to announce the beginning of a gradual return to our Service timetable.
Please note the following dates and alterations necessary to keep us all safe.
• Current services will take place on the Village Green with social distancing in place.
• There will be no hymns as singing is not currently allowed.
• The service will last approximately 20 minutes.
• Unfortunately, there will be no pew sheets. Service sheets will be available on the church website.
• Refreshments will not be available at close of service.
• Please bring your own chair if you need to be seated.
10.30 a.m. Sunday 2nd August
10.30 a.m. Sunday 23rd August
Should the weather be wet, then we will be able to follow the Rector’s service at home on email as we do currently.
As public worship and money raising events are currently suspended, the church is respectively requesting donations be made, either online at https://www.jervaulxchurches.co.uk/thornton-steward.php or by phone on 01969 326069 / 07443 581463
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING EVERYONE AGAIN
Liz and Jeff
24 April 2020Postponement of Parish Meeting AGM - Now on Tuesday 11 August 2020
Due to the current restrictions surrounding COVID-19, we have been advised to delay our AGM and submission of the Parish AGAR (Annual Governance & Accountability Return) with a new deadline of September 1st.
With this in mind we have postponed the date of our AGM (due to take place on 12th May) which will now be held on Tuesday 11th August 2020. Details will follow nearer the time.
21 March 2020Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Closure of The Institute and postponement of Cheese and Wine Social Evening
Please note that owing to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, the Trustees of the Institute have, with great regret, taken the decision to close the Institute until further notice.
The toilet is closed at present, but this will be reviewed in due course.
Sincere apologies to all those walkers and other visitors who will miss the facilities that are normally available.
The Cheese and Wine Social Evening, planned for 27 March, has also had to be postponed... hopefully not for too long!
25 November 2019Minutes from the Parish Meeting held on 19th November 2019 (Updated April 2020)
Please click here to see the minutes from this meeting. (These were updated in April 2020 with a revised date for the Parish Meeting AGM due to the restrictions surrounding COVID-19.)
02 November 2019Agenda for Parish Meeting, Thornton Steward Institute, Tuesday 19th November at 6:30pm
1. Amount for Precept 2020.
2. Additional Signature for TSPM Investment account and Transfer of grant.
3. Proposed removal of Telephone boxes in Richmondshire by BT (risk to Thornton Steward).
4. Grass Cutting contract.
5. Goose Park Planning Application.
Please join us. We would love to see you there.
Angela McCormack Clerk to Thornton Steward Village meeting